Monday, January 26, 2009

The Final Countdown.....From Fiji!! ( Emily you know you want to sing!)


Sunrise this morning!! Oh my gosh.....just fantastic!


BULA!!!!

Ok, so the Internet has been down for a few days now!!! I wasn't sure if it would come back on before I left. Just like Fiji time, you just never know when things are going to happen. Did I ever tell you that there is a resort cat that roams around the property? It is very cute, I hear that there used to be two of them...no one knows where the other is...poor kitty!!

The weather has been amazing and I have been hanging out with this great couple, James and Katrina. He is from Switzerland and she is from California. They are great!! It has been so magical meeting them, James and I have so much in common, we both just couldn't believe it!! They are going to Bali and are trying to get me to go with...I would love to, but having commitments in NZ stops me from doing so. I will get there at some point!!! It is so unbelievably beautiful here and so warm, hot actually! The green is not like any green I have seen...the ocean is warm, bright blue/green...just amazing!

Yesterday, (my Monday) we went out on a boat and swam in the ocean....we were asking about sharks and the driver said "oh no, you are fine...no sharks here"...so in we jumped! Swimming in the ocean is the best, (and I think my friend Janelle would agree with me) you just feel so different, so refreshed afterwards....it makes you so mellow. I am now understanding Fiji time fully...and I love it! I could stay here even longer...but I hear New Zealand calling me!!! Oh yeah, its calling me....baaa baaa baaa !! After we got back into the boat from our swim, the driver noticed something and turned the boat around to have a better look. He said, "a Leopard shark!"...good thing we got back in when we did. I never did see the shark. I wanted to get a picture for Robin (she loves sharks :) ). We also took the boat through the river and went through a mangrove forest. Mangroves are trees that live in salt water...they are just the coolest! Oh yeah, this river is where that movie Anaconda was made...we saw the boat from the film.

Although it has been quite wet the last few days, there is still a sweet warmth in the air and just when you think it may be too hot a cool gentle breeze comes by to say "hello"! You know its funny, but once you get to that point of being totally ok with just being with yourself you think...what was I so afraid of? Why didn't I get to this point sooner? I guess its all on Fiji time and when you are ready to be here, in all ways, you will. This has been amazing! I will return to visit my new friends and explore other islands of Fiji.
Last night I went to a traditional Fiji dance and dinner show...it was great! I thought that they were going to have fire dancers, but I was wrong. Although they weren't dancing with fire, they were still hot!! These men are so fit!!!!!!!!!! Oh boy! The dancing was great and I met a couple who are from Australia and insist that come over there and stay with them, I just might have to do that. They even gave me the numbers of their children and invited me to be there for the wedding of one of their daughters! Can you believe that? They are sooooo nice!!

I have been messing around with different settings on my camera, (which by the way is AWESOME) so I have lots of fun pictures to share... Enjoy!

Well, the time has come...the last entry of Fiji is done...see you in New Zealand!!!


Quote of the day, "Why call when you can just ask"
....I don't remember who said it, but I am sure this came from a very smart man....very wise....in fact an amazing man. I love you dad!! Thank you to both you and mom for helping me out the other day, I don't know what I would do without you!! I love you both soooo much....
Hello Grandma "D" and Hello Grandma "Z"....you two sweethearts are so very special to me....thank you for all you have given to me and thank you for being a part of my life....it wouldn't be the same without you.


1 comment: