Thursday, January 22, 2009

I am not alone....


Bula All!!

Well, last night sure was a beauty!!! The sunsets here are amazing and the pictures just never do them justice!! Thought I would share one with you anyway....

This beach is just a few steps away from the bure I am staying in....spectacular!! What an exciting day for the US, it is interesting chatting with the locals about this new change. Most people seem indifferent about it, but a few have shown real excitment and hope! The papers here speak of the US as being a light of change and a couple of the articles I have read hope that Fiji will see that they too can bring change for their people. Change...it just feels good...doesn't it?

Speaking of change, my living quarters have sure changed! In fact I am showering outside...oh yes you heard me...outside!! Which by the way is fantastic and yes it is private!!! Aside from the shower change, I have house mates, or better yet bure mates and I was finally able to get a picture of one of the many friends I have here. Isn't this little thing cute? I magine sleeping with more than one!!! I am getting used to them, but they tend to blend in so well that they surprise you more than anything.

Today had some similar charateristics like home...it rained and rained!! But, unlike home, it was still really warm. The winds here are strong, but I guess that is what I get for coming here during hurricane season :).

There is only one computer for guests to use and people are waiting so take care everyone....I will write more later.

LOVE YOU!!

3 comments:

  1. Well-- so long as it's warm enough, showering outside sounds like fun! :) I'm loving your pictures of the beach. All I need now are some soothing wave sounds.

    And you're right-- change does feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Megan,

    I love the pictures, it looks so beautiful. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I still am waiting on the house, hopefully in the next couple weeks I will have made a final decision on whether or not I am going buy this one. The guy issue is non-exist, he hasn't been back, but oh well, more fish in the sea! Take care and I love ya.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, please tell me more about the guys!

    ReplyDelete