Friday, January 30, 2009

New Zealand Baby!!!! Oh Yeah!!











Good-day!! Hello Everyone!!!! I love you!!!








I made it to New Zealand and it is out of this world....the beauty and magic of this place is everywhere. I just got into a hostel from a long day of traveling on a train so I wont be too long, but I will share some pictures with you all!!! I now know why Peter Jackson picked this place for his killer movies!! I actually saw some of the spots where he filmed!! I couldn't get any pictures because there were too many people out on the observation deck, but don't you worry I have not given up!

This lovely lady Summer picked me up from the airport on Wednesday night and we went out to dinner...she is awesome and the dinner was too! I stayed in a hotel, but I missed my little friends back in Fiji....ok so actually it was nice not having to check in my bed before I crawled in!!

I will post more tomorrow night when I have more time...right now I am paying for this computer and I don't have any more coins to deposit. The weather seems to be staying nice, perfect, just in time for everyone to enjoy the last little bit of summer!








I still feel like I am on the train, (which by the way I was on for almost 13 hours today) I feel like I am still in motion! The train ride was from Auckland down to Wellington and let me tell you, there is nothing like riding on a train for that long.



I have a long ferry ride tomorrow(3 hours), but that will be amazing!! The ferry leaves Wellington and arrives in Picton, following Cook Straight. Followed by another train, but this one is much shorter. Who knows what I will see....maybe whales....who knows...I will get some great pics though!!


Cheers!!
There are sheep allover this place!! By the way, we went through the town where they hold the world's sheep shearing competition...no joke!






5 comments:

  1. It's nice to see you (beverage in hand!). I love that you're standing under a sign that says, "To be recovered." That made me giggle. :)

    It sounds just lovely-- and your pictures are beautiful. Much love and safe travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see you looking so refreshed and relaxed. Paradise has that effect on many of us! Stay safe and have a great time!
    Love Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan,
    What great pictures! I can tell you are having a wonderful time, and your travel agency isn't doing too bad of job either.
    Remember that old Fijian phrase, "Why call when you can just ask!" Works for me!
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there... Great pics of NZ! And, your hair is getting blond! You look great, really great! That was certainly a long train ride and sounds like one you won't forget anytime soon. Take care and God Bless. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lady....So are you having fun yet?! So excited for you, can't wait to hear more.....Enjoy yourself my dear!!....Safe travels....Jen

    ReplyDelete